Home > Resistance > Your investment is to risky objection

Your investment is to risky objection

I sell risky investments and always get the risk objection- I've been selling these investments for five years and this is coming up a lot more often now that we are in one of the worse recessions ever - by Thewolko
I sell risky investments and always get the risk objection- I've been selling these investments for five years and this is coming up a lot more often now that we are in one of the worse recessions ever
People don't fear risk. They fear loss.

Conventional wisdom says that a risk must be counter balanced by potential reward. The often quoted truism states the greater the risk, the greater the reward. Of course that's only true in a perfect world.

You sell, as you said, "risky" investments. Yes--you should divulge the risk by all means. But what you are selling are the potential rewards. THAT is the PROPOSITION, and without a proposition you might as well stay home. - by Gary A Boye
I sell the profit potential but still get the risk objection- it's also over the phone through cold calls- could it be the"credability" what is a good way of overcoming this? - by Thewolko
I sell the profit potential but still get the risk objection- it's also over the phone through cold calls- could it be the"credability" what is a good way of overcoming this?
Contrary to popular sales lore, you don't overcome objections. You transcend them. In the selling process, the best salespeople transcend the objections by weakening them--not destroying them.

Simply put, we show them that the pluses of moving forward outweigh doing nothing. - by Gary A Boye
Calculated Risk is a great term...
Make sure you are not trying to sell a risky investment of, oh, say $10 to a person who only has $5.

I think moving forward I need to have "Gary is right" in my signature line. - by tw5270
I think moving forward I need to have "Gary is right" in my signature line.
That is funny. tw52t0, you mentioned The Art of War as being a favorite sales book. Do you you recognize Sun Tzu's principle when I wrote?: In the selling process, the best salespeople transcend the objections by weakening them--not destroying them. - by Gary A Boye
That is funny. tw52t0, you mentioned The Art of War as being a favorite sales book. Do you you recognize Sun Tzu's principle when I wrote?: In the selling process, the best salespeople transcend the objections by weakening them--not destroying them.
Yes I didthmbp2; - by tw5270
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.