Home > Education > Is success in selling all about Sales Process?

Is success in selling all about Sales Process?

Some people would have others believe that success in selling is all about "Sales Process". This process-centric approach to selling suggests that standardized, repeatable and actively managed sales processes provide predictable results every time. Would you agree... do you believe that success in selling is all about Sales Process? - by Community Mailbox
Some people would have others believe that success in selling is all about "Sales Process". This process-centric approach to selling suggests that standardized, repeatable and actively managed sales processes provide predictable results every time. Would you agree... do you believe that success in selling is all about Sales Process?
I would not agree. I do however believe that the skill of Preparation is among Four Things that account for success in selling. Also the use of Intrinsic Questions is critical, as well as focusing on the Progression Of Consent called "closing." We are always faced with competition, whether it is center stage or in the wings, whether direct or indirect, and we will always be compared to that competition.

Is that a process? I think awareness would be a better word. - by Gary A Boye
I came across a sales training article today that seemed to mirror the suggestion that success in selling is all about Sales Process. Here is an excerpt:
"If you have been managing sales for a while, you know that sales are almost 100% predictable. If salespeople follow the sales process, they will always come to a conclusion that is favorable to us. Unless they skip a step or overlook something and it is usually their fault for missing something."
- by Community Mailbox
I came across a sales training article today that seemed to mirror the suggestion that success in selling is all about Sales Process. Here is an excerpt:

This comment is from the "shock" approach to sales training; say something counterintuitive, get their attention, offer pseudo-science as back-up, and sell that book and fill those seminar seats.

I am embarrassed for the person who made such a suggestion. Although many who make such statements don't believe their own words. It's about money!

If what is suggested was true, there would be a revolution in the field of psychiatry. - by John Voris
Whoever was quoted obviously hasn't a clue about the nature of effective selling. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.