Home > Management > The main cause of failure among sales managers

The main cause of failure among sales managers

What do you view as root causes of failure among sales managers? - by Community Mailbox
What do you view as root causes of failure among sales managers?
I think there are two common causes, and one is a version of the other:
  • They are in it for the wrong reasons.
  • There are working in a company structure that does not directly incentivize their results. The most dynamic sales managers have a monetary vested interest in their staff's success.
Of course, there is always the incompetency factor, but most jobs have to be grown into, including sales itself. And, that said, if a person was able to grow into a promotion, he/she might also grow into being successful as a sales manager.
- by Gary A Boye
A sales manager "must" have people skills!

A manager with no people skills can kill with a dagger, right in the heart, all motivation a salesperson has. Somewhere along the way some managers forget, or maybe never heard the words my Mama said to me a thousand times, "Martha Honey you catch more flies with Honey than with vinegar” I am sure she was talking about us sales people with our fragile egos.

So in my opinion the main cause of failure among sales managers is their lack of ability to motivate their sales team! - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.