Home > Presentation > Usefulness of presentation and communication training

Usefulness of presentation and communication training

Have any of you used presentation and communication training for your sales staff? If not, why? Giving effective presentations and communicating clearly seems to play an important role in every aspect of sales/client relationships, as well as in presenting ideas to C-level executives within your own company. How do you ensure your staff operates effectively without this training?

I'm conducting research for my entrepreneurial marketing class. Thanks for any input! - by DMacleod
Have any of you used presentation and communication training for your sales staff? If not, why? Giving effective presentations and communicating clearly seems to play an important role in every aspect of sales/client relationships, as well as in presenting ideas to C-level executives within your own company. How do you ensure your staff operates effectively without this training?

I'm conducting research for my entrepreneurial marketing class. Thanks for any input!
Yes.

I have taught, reviewed, led practice sessions, and refined presentations among sales staff members.

I consider it vital in any sales organization that I direct. It was always a job requirement for the salespeople and they were accountable for their participation and adherence. - by Gary A Boye
Yes.

I have taught, reviewed, led practice sessions, and refined presentations among sales staff members.

I consider it vital in any sales organization that I direct. It was always a job requirement for the salespeople and they were accountable for their participation and adherence.
Thank you for the quick response. As a follow up, do the organizations you work with conduct this training in-house, or do they outsource? - by DMacleod
Thank you for the quick response. As a follow up, do the organizations you work with conduct this training in-house, or do they outsource?
That type of training specifically I never outsourced. - by Gary A Boye
I would suggest that training in presenting and communication is the fundamental element of sales training with everything else being, if not secondary, at least of no greater importance.

Selling is communication with the goal of influence and persuasion. - by thesalesgiant
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.