Home > Personal Development > Similar, the Same, or Different?

Similar, the Same, or Different?

Here's an Einstein Quote:
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
Here's a quote (author unknown):
You can't change behavior at behavior level.
How would you relate the two statements? Or wouldn't you?

- by Gary A Boye
Here's an Einstein Quote:
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

Hi Gary. Excellent topic! :)

I would relate the two statements through the common denominator of frames of mind (Think "Frame Games"). In both scenarios you want to, as L. Michael Hall (Frame Games) puts it, "rise above the symptoms to the structure that creates them". - by Jeff Blackwell
Here's an Einstein Quote:No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

For me, the first quotation deals with the boundaries and capacity of the consciousness responsible for the abstract creative act. This reveals who you are in the moment.

The original state or level of consciousness, that created the cause of the ultimate problem, obviously could not have initially embraced this future event.

Therefore, a solution can only occur through changing the original state of consciousness in order to affect sufficient change for resolution to occur. That is, if the source of information remains the same so will the results.

When a problem continued to reoccur for me in sales, it was apparent that my level of consciousness was not sufficient to avoid this reoccurring problem.

This is why teachers in every endeavor are important. All very successful people I know have their mentor. Even a psychiatrist needs a psychiatrist.

Often people boast of 10, 20 and even 30 years of sales experience as a defense to criticism, only to later discover they had been wrong for all of 10, 20 and even 30 years. In this case, they had a problem and did not have the level of consciousness to be aware of its presence.

Secondly, behavior is ultimately the physical effect of a prior abstract meaning as cause. Behavior reveals what you are doing in the moment in response to that meaning.

This is why you can’t change behavior at behavior level.

There is often a disconnect between the sales seminar leader and members of the audience for this very reason. People can’t “be” different by “seeing” difference alone.

Taken together:

A change in behavior requires a change in the level of consciousness if you are motivated by improvement.

A mentor or sales trainer may be able to offer you a shift of conscious awareness needed for you to escape your own blind spots to improvement. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.