Home > Approach > I am interested, let me call you back

I am interested, let me call you back

I found some small business ownler, many I already meet initially. I call them, and they say:
  • "Yes I am interested, let me call you back in 1h"
  • "Yes I want to talk about that, I have a customer right now (hairdresser), let me call you back in 1h.
  • One I cold call:"Call me back tomorrow morning, I am in a meeting"
They don't hang up on me, they are not agressive at all.
When should I call back: in 1h, when they say so. 15-30 min after the time they said they will call back? Should I call everyday, 2 day's, weekly. I have time, they don't.
  • I tryed to tell them, let's check my agenda, 10am is ok, yes, I will call you back. They sound rushed in their voice, I have no time to place a word.
Thanks - by FrankB
I'd like to hear some replies on this subject also, if nothing else but to compare notes.

I'm quite often told to call back after a specific time; let's say 1:00 for conversation sake.
I don't sit and hold my breath, but it gives me time to maybe gather some added valuable information, like for ROI, or monthly financing.
If I have some time between call back time, I continue to make contact calls.
Back at the issue, drop the anxious feeling that they are going to be waiting on pins and needles for your return call. If I have nothing else to do, I shoot for 15 minute intervals. I don't leave a voice mail during each of those no answer returns either.
Patience is a virtue. - by Ima Caller
I found some small business ownler, many I already meet initially. I call them, and they say:
  • "Yes I am interested, let me call you back in 1h"
  • "Yes I want to talk about that, I have a customer right now (hairdresser), let me call you back in 1h.
  • One I cold call:"Call me back tomorrow morning, I am in a meeting"
They don't hang up on me, they are not agressive at all.
When should I call back: in 1h, when they say so. 15-30 min after the time they said they will call back? Should I call everyday, 2 day's, weekly. I have time, they don't.
  • I tryed to tell them, let's check my agenda, 10am is ok, yes, I will call you back. They sound rushed in their voice, I have no time to place a word.
Thanks
The real question is, "How can we have a meeting of the minds?"

(I don't have a lot of information here to go on so I will be very short.)

Calling is just one mode of communication. If you use the same mode as everyone else and speak the same language with the same inflection, you will not stand out. Why should they be interested in you?

I spent a great deal of time on "homework" concerning my target before calling on them to see if an appointment is possible.

I joined local organizations to be close to my potential clients.

I read the same trade magazines and learned of the industry's concerns.

I even found information from my competitors!

Then I approached my target with a ton of information about THEM.

I was separated from everyone else because I showed them I was willing to go the extra mile.

If at all possible, call on them personally. You will be able to focus all of your expertise in person, which will also give you extra points.

I hope this gets you started.

Sales is a thinking game--plan ahead. - by John Voris
Many prospects don't want to say, "Gee I am really not interested" so they give you these 'call back delays' but they really aren't interested (at least now).

SP have to develop a targetted 15 second commercial, then a potentially longer 30 second one, and then perhaps a 60 second one, to use at RIGHT time to gauge interest...

When someone says a second time....call me back....maybe you have to also ask them, if they really want you do it or are they just saying that to 'get you off the phone'. - by Paulette Halpern
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.