Home > Cold Calling > B2B Cold Calling Vs. B2C Cold Calling

B2B Cold Calling Vs. B2C Cold Calling

I can't really parse the correct way to ask this, but...

Would you say that B2B Cold Calling is easier than B2C Cold Calling?

I know it depends on many different factors, such as the product being sold as well as the demographic you're selling to, but I feel as if it is. I've done B2C Cold Calling for over 5 + years, beginning when I was 16. I began B2B Cold Calling in February and have found it to be tremendously easier than B2C.

Although, I'm still having trouble believing in the fact that B2B Cold Calling is easier to me than B2C. The reason why, is that I'm probably a much better/personable caller than I used to be when I first began B2C Cold Calling. Obviously the experience gained from my B2C Cold Calls plays a huge role into how I view B2B Cold Calling and how easily I was able to adapt into the position.

So, what do you all think? What's easier? B2B Cold Calling or B2C Cold Calling? - by MoraTheExplora
What approach do you use when calling B2B? What types/size of business are you calling and which member of staff are you trying to sell/set appointments for? What is it that you're selling?
I know some guys that kill B2C but their approach would be totally unsuited for B2B. - by salesjunior
What approach do you use when calling B2B? What types/size of business are you calling and which member of staff are you trying to sell/set appointments for? What is it that you're selling?
I know some guys that kill B2C but their approach would be totally unsuited for B2B.
I don't use the same approach in B2C as I do for B2B. I just use many of the same tactics such as tone differentiation as well as what type of humor is suited for the client on the other side of the phone.
The approach I take in B2B is a cold call to the purchasing agent or shipping manager of industries that have an annual sales revenue of $10+ million. I'm direct to the point and have learned from B2C how to adapt to any objection with the proper rebuttal in the words/tone that the client prefers to hear it in. I don't have a script, I'm simply inquisitive about how many pallets/skids they use as well as what type. I'll provide them with information about their own company and relate it to some sort of question that relates to the type of pallet they're using. (Just to show that I've done research, plus everyone loves talking about themselves or their company :P)

I set appointments for Wooden Pallets/Skids. I wasn't saying that the B2C approach would work for B2B Cold calling, I was stating that all the years of experience of B2C Cold Calling helped me adapt to B2B rather quickly. With that being said, I can't really say which was easier to adapt to, because I can't give an apathetic opinion to both based off prior experience. - by MoraTheExplora
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.