Home > Personal Development > Recovering From a Bad Month?

Recovering From a Bad Month?

Well since I didn't get a response to my last post I thought I would try to see if I can get some suggestions here.

The long and short of it is that I am coming up on my the end of my ninth month in my new sales position and I can safely say that I have completely "@#%$ the bed" this month. For those of you who don't get that slang reference it means I did not do well.

And to put this in perspective I just didn't have a soft month, I had a month where I litereally only hit a small percentage of my quota. What makes this even worse is that we are hitting the end of the quarter and my first two months were no where this bad but were definitely lack luster.

I honestly am a bit shocked at how bad this month went but it seems to be a combination of factors including my pipeline not being big enough and having a lot of deals not close, or fall through, that normally would have been a slam dunk.

At this point I believe I know what I can do to right the ship but I am looking for some suggestions on how to handle this type of situation so that I don't spiral into complete negativity. I also would like suggestions on how to respond to management because I know they will start questioning and may even be forced to put me onto some kind of daily reporting because of this.

I know this type of stuff happens but since I don't have the long term tenure or track record I know I will probably be much more scrutinized.

Thanks!! - by kenpo1980
At this point I believe I know what I can do to right the ship but I am looking for some suggestions on how to handle this type of situation so that I don't spiral into complete negativity.
What do you feel would "right the ship"? - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.