Home > Approach > What is your pre-call strategy?

What is your pre-call strategy?

I was wondering what is your pre-call strategy prior to making the first cold call for a new business prospect? What is the process you follow? I understand there are many different types of processes people follow, but I am interested in what has worked for you and why you think it works best? I know some people donít do any marketing and just pick up the phone and call, while others send letters, emails etc to ensure their prospect is ready for their call. Do you think itís important the prospect knows who you are and why you are calling before you talk to them? - by salesjunior
I was wondering what is your pre-call strategy prior to making the first cold call for a new business prospect? What is the process you follow? I understand there are many different types of processes people follow, but I am interested in what has worked for you and why you think it works best? I know some people donít do any marketing and just pick up the phone and call, while others send letters, emails etc to ensure their prospect is ready for their call. Do you think itís important the prospect knows who you are and why you are calling before you talk to them?

Selling style is based on the product, the individual and the profile of your target market. So for me, without more information, I cannot offer any advice. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.