Home > Direct Marketing > How Do I Get Started In Direct Marketing?

How Do I Get Started In Direct Marketing?

I am from the UK, unemployed, and have a family.

I have learnt marketing concepts, and direct marketing is what i like, compared to Internet Marketing.

I have come across a site, online, which with a list, you can send out the letters/postcards to, and you just pay for postage. And obviously, you pay for your own list.

Now, i know where to get lists, and how to distribute my mailings. But, the thing i am struggling with is, what do i promote to sell?

Here in the UK, "how to" manuels, and business opportunities, are the direct mailing "thing" here. If i were to do these, where can i get the products from? Or things to sell from?

As everyone knows, quality sells itself (or thats what i was told) and i do not want to follow, as such, the crowd. So, how do i get going, and how do i go about getting products to promote?

Could use clickbank products, or paydotcom products, or these cd/dvd products (which i do not know how to get hold of (cd/dvd products)). However, i do not want to come across unprofessional. Because, i recieve some mailings myself, they are badly done - really!

So, in hope, i came here. As i found out that there are people on here are more professional and helpful, than other forums i could name.

Thank you, for the help. And i do check back regularly. I will explain more, if you need me to, and your comments are utmost important to me on how to go about doing this venture.

Thanks,

George - by Acriflex

As everyone knows, quality sells itself (or thats what i was told) and i do not want to follow, as such, the crowd.
You were told wrong. Quality does NOT sell itself. - by Gary A Boye
You were told wrong. Quality does NOT sell itself.
So could you enlighten me? - by Acriflex
No matter what your product is, whether it is the highest quality or the lowest, it needs a strong business strategy and marketing plan to get it 'out there'. If your question is about where to purchase product, that's one thing. If your question is how to advertise your product, that's another.

To better answer your questions, I think we all need a little more explanation. What is it, exactly, that you're asking? - by katehblog
I am from the UK, unemployed, and have a family.

I have learnt marketing concepts, and direct marketing is what i like, compared to Internet Marketing.

I have come across a site, online, which with a list, you can send out the letters/postcards to, and you just pay for postage. And obviously, you pay for your own list.

Now, i know where to get lists, and how to distribute my mailings. But, the thing i am struggling with is, what do i promote to sell?

Here in the UK, "how to" manuels, and business opportunities, are the direct mailing "thing" here. If i were to do these, where can i get the products from? Or things to sell from?

As everyone knows, quality sells itself (or thats what i was told) and i do not want to follow, as such, the crowd. So, how do i get going, and how do i go about getting products to promote?

Could use clickbank products, or paydotcom products, or these cd/dvd products (which i do not know how to get hold of (cd/dvd products)). However, i do not want to come across unprofessional. Because, i recieve some mailings myself, they are badly done - really!

So, in hope, i came here. As i found out that there are people on here are more professional and helpful, than other forums i could name.

Thank you, for the help. And i do check back regularly. I will explain more, if you need me to, and your comments are utmost important to me on how to go about doing this venture.

Thanks,

George

On the "what to sell," I always tried to match as best as possible, who I am with, what I sell, to those who share my perspective. No one will ever actually match one much less, all three.

1 I have always enjoyed steaks, good hamburger, bacon and fish. Let's face it--I just like food thmbp2;

2 I found a local company who retails food products by sending out sales reps into geographically marked-out territories. They had excellent quality for the price.

3 My developing accounts were basically those who wanted higher quality than what the local stores offered in their area.

One last point. If you can, work for or with someone doing what you want to do. Even work with a competitor first. Get to know people doing what you want to do. That will eliminate any illusions you may have now rather than you spend money and time only to learn it's not for you.

That was my recipe for success that lasted for decades.

When you sell what you like and use yourself, you're on your way to be a natural sales rep: you understand your competitors, what type of marketing you responded to, how much "quality" really mattered, reasons why you were attracted to that product and much more.

(Gary is right-on! Also remember--quality according to who and how many will pay the price?)

That should give you some ideas. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.