Home > Personal Development > Is empathy a secret of success?

Is empathy a secret of success?

In your opinion, how important to selling is the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own? - by Community Mailbox
I am not sure how much a secret empathy is but I do know I must understand why a person wants to own and I must also understand how each person chooses to own.
- by rich34232
In your opinion, how important to selling is the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own?
The opposite would be not having the ability to get the other person's point of view nor the ability to see things from that person's angle as well as from one's own.

If we are using "see" in the context of "observe" rather than "align with", I believe anyone who lacks those abilities would have a very difficult time in selling consistently. - by Gary A Boye
The opposite would be not having the ability to get the other person's point of view nor the ability to see things from that person's angle as well as from one's own.

If we are using "see" in the context of "observe" rather than "align with", I believe anyone who lacks those abilities would have a very difficult time in selling consistently.

Gary is right-on! There must be a human connection if someone wants to have a career in selling. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.