Home > Personal Development > Culture, Context and Meaning

Culture, Context and Meaning

I recently read an article titled, "Can culture dictate the way we see?" by Roxanne Khamsi (2007). I also came across an abstract from a piece titled, "Culture Sculpts the Perceptual Brain" by Joshua O. Goh and Denise C. Park. Here is a quote from that abstract:

"Cultural differences in the way Westerners and East Asians perceive and attend to visual objects and contexts have now been shown across many behavioral studies. Westerners display more attention to objects and their features, in line with an analytic processing style, whereas East Asians attend more to contextual relationship, reflecting holistic processing."
If you have read the article please share your thoughts on how the findings can be applied to your own sales practice. - by Jeff Blackwell
I recently read an article titled, "Can culture dictate the way we see?" by Roxanne Khamsi (2007). I also came across an abstract from a piece titled, "Culture Sculpts the Perceptual Brain" by Joshua O. Goh and Denise C. Park. Here is a quote from that abstract:

If you have read the article please share your thoughts on how the findings can be applied to your own sales practice.
The title offers a glimpse into decades of research from anthropologists to linguistics who's work have been the foundation of our firm today.

To understand human motivation requires analysis of how cultural archetypes prepares the psyche for personality development, symbolic interpretation, and execution of thought.

These discoveries and their natural inferences have also been utterly missed in conventional sales training and personality profiling. This partially explains their often lack of effectiveness.

Our western view of psychology offers a very rigid model of normalcy which also defines an even narrower view of mental pathology.

Europe is much more advanced with Existential Psychology and Asia with their holistic view.

Very good topic for discussion. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.