Home > Management > Door-to-door laws

Door-to-door laws

Ok so my bussiness is now struggling a little bit at the moment and i need a cost effective solution to be able to keep it going, and i thought if i and my bussiness partner start doing door to door sales then its not going to cost us for brand awareness and things like that, but i just dont know the laws on attully doing it can you just go up to a door?

P.S.
I used to be a ISA for Miller Pattison so i know the whole door to door thing. - by southendcs
Ok so my bussiness is now struggling a little bit at the moment and i need a cost effective solution to be able to keep it going, and i thought if i and my bussiness partner start doing door to door sales then its not going to cost us for brand awareness and things like that, but i just dont know the laws on attully doing it can you just go up to a door?
It is my understanding that cold calling laws vary from location to location (local, state, federal). I would suggest contacting a local business resource for this type of information. - by Jeff Blackwell

P.S.
I used to be a ISA for Miller Pattison so i know the whole door to door thing.
Jeff is right--there are laws on the books but few are enforced and many are just obsolete.

I cold-called for 30 years and once I was told to leave the city limits to comply with the local Green River Ordinance and another to simply acquire a local license.

When I went to the local City Hall to get a license, no one knew what to do or where to go to find out.

Actually, very few sales people bother to check. Just sell until someone says stop. The worst that can happen is you have to leave the city limits.

That should help.

P.S. I congratulate you on deciding to cold-call. If the business doesn't come to you, you go to the business. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.