Burn out

Is it possible to get sales burn out, where you just can't motivate yourself to pick up the telephone or make that sales call? Is this related to failure or can it happen to anyone of any experience level and ability? How do we go about refocusing or is this usually a sign that we should move on? - by salesjunior
Is it possible to get sales burn out, where you just can't motivate yourself to pick up the telephone or make that sales call? Is this related to failure or can it happen to anyone of any experience level and ability? How do we go about refocusing or is this usually a sign that we should move on?
Yes, "burn out" is possible. The good news is that it is all in your head. - by Jeff Blackwell
Is it possible to get sales burn out, where you just can't motivate yourself to pick up the telephone or make that sales call? Is this related to failure or can it happen to anyone of any experience level and ability? How do we go about refocusing or is this usually a sign that we should move on?
If you are employed by someone else and you are not doing the work that you were hired to do, the issue is larger than "motivation."

If you are self employed, and you have stopped working, you are not employed.

In either case, unless you have a source of income such as inheritance, alimony, spouse working, etc., it would certainly avoid possible hardship if you found a way to start working again. - by Gary A Boye
The first question you have to resolve is if you want to pursue a career in selling.

It is futile to help you refocus on something that you do not really want to do. Selling is a practice that is not suited to everyone's expectation of a work experience. The sooner you can determine if it is for you the sooner you will be able to decide if the effort of reengaging yourself with the profession is worth the effort, or even possible.

Start by asking yourself this question: If I didn't have the job in sales that I have now, would I accept the position if it was offered to me?

If the answer is no, write down what you are looking for in a job and find one that fits that description. If you answer yes, then you might just need to refocus on the job rather than move on. - by thesalesgiant
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.