Home > Personal Development > See it. Believe it. Achieve it.

See it. Believe it. Achieve it.

Napoleon Hill is attributed with saying, "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."

In your opinion how does that occur; what are the mechanics at play? - by Community Mailbox
The actual mechanics at play here are very simple:

Until one has the belief that something is possible, he will never put in the effort required to achieve it. He has to be certain in his own mind that the outcome is achievable, and with that belief the effort will naturally follow. Where he cannot conceive of an outcome, no effort will follow because the effort is perceived as futile.

Where a person believes that something is possible, he is most often right, even when there is not model of such an achievement. Likewise, where one believes that something is not possible, that singular act of commitment to the impossibility of the achievement makes him right as well, even where there is a model of such an achievement.

I'm interested to know if others have a similar take on this quote or something different. - by thesalesgiant
I'm interested to know if others have a similar take on this quote or something different.
I believe the mechanics at play are quantum mechanics, and I say that because I've seen the parallels of that theory of physics and the views of metaphysicians throughout the centuries.

Having read Hill's work, along with the works of others who I believe provided more fascinating reading, I believe Hill was into metaphysics every bit as much as Emerson. - by Gary A Boye
I'm glad you said that. I couldn't agree more.

Hill's work is perhaps more accessible and accepted because he didn't get into the metaphysical mechanics of success, writing only about the cause and effect of achievement without talking about the means. I believe he understood the metaphysical connection between the cause and effect, but didn't make it explicit in his work.

Who are the others the provided you with the more fascinating reading on the topic? - by thesalesgiant
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.