Home > Technology > Sustainable Social Media

Sustainable Social Media

What are your general suggestions for establishing an effective and sustainable social media marketing strategy? - by Community Mailbox
IMHO, social media marketing is a long term investment. If one of the business partners were to take on this responsibility and champion it, it would work best.

Alternatively, you could consider hiring a third party vendor to do it for you; ideally they also should hire a person to do it long term, and a supervisor at the top should have an idea of what's being done regularly, so that, if that employee were to leave any day, the supervisor could take charge, train and and put a successor in that place.

Have I answered your question?

Ganesan. :~) - by ezynes
For a sustainable strategy you should look at ways to make yourself constantly useful and a resource for others to call upon. This does not mean you have to be a big blogger or a big content creator. But find and share great information.

Patrick - by JustAskPatrick
What are your general suggestions for establishing an effective and sustainable social media marketing strategy?
One component has to be the establishment of a specific financial goal for your efforts along with a timeline to achieve the financial return. Obviously, some form of measurement system has to be in place in order to assess whether or not you're on track to achieve that return.

In this regard, it really doesn't differ from other business campaigns. - by Gary A Boye
Social Media is more about building and establishing good relationships. So a financial return is hard to measure. I am communicating with thousands of people in the interest of helping them and demonstrating my expertise. The financial part does not enter the picture until someone gets a hold of me and says "Let's talk" - by JustAskPatrick
Social Media is more about building and establishing good relationships. So a financial return is hard to measure. I am communicating with thousands of people in the interest of helping them and demonstrating my expertise. The financial part does not enter the picture until someone gets a hold of me and says "Let's talk"
Certainly your reasons for engaging in the activity are meaningful to you.

However, SalesPractice is about the practice of selling, and specifically, selling for a living. We have to view each and every form of marketing as a contributory activity towards that objective.

Measuring the results of business activity is simply good business practice. Selling is, after all, a business, and we encourage people to adopt good business practices. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.