Home > Cold Calling > Newbie salesperson need help to approach recruit company as dealers

Newbie salesperson need help to approach recruit company as dealers

Hi, my name is Eric and i am new to this forum. I am the new sales for a company that is the master dealer in certain brands of Walkie Talkie and Mobile PA.

I am tasked with recruiting new dealers to actively sell our products. Unfortunately, due to some management problems soon after i joined , the only senior sales person had left leaving me the only sales left. There is no one left to guide a newbie like me and i had to think on my feet.

I had tried cold calling relevant companies that i found in the business directory but so far i am stuck at the gatekeeper / receptionist asking me to email them in their general company email. I had asked to speak with the Managing Director but no dice. Am i aiming too high in the ladder ? Should i approach the person in charge of sales instead?

And when i do get through, how would you guys / girls pitch it?
Thanks a million for this. I am so clueless in these matters.:cu:cu - by chlow6
Hi, my name is Eric and i am new to this forum. I am the new sales for a company that is the master dealer in certain brands of Walkie Talkie & Mobile PA.

I am tasked with recruiting new dealers to actively sell our products. Unfortunately, due to some management problems soon after i joined , the only senior sales person had left leaving me the only sales left. There is no one left to guide a newbie like me and i had to think on my feet.

I had tried cold calling relevant companies that i found in the business directory but so far i am stuck at the gatekeeper / receptionist asking me to email them in their general company email. I had asked to speak with the Managing Director but no dice. Am i aiming too high in the ladder ? Should i approach the person in charge of sales instead?

And when i do get through, how would you guys / girls pitch it?
Thanks a million for this. I am so clueless in these matters.:cu:cu
So, your new to sales and left with no direction nor anyone to show you the way.

Personally, I would get out of there for many reasons:

1 As someone new to sales, you need to find a mentor regardless of what you are selling. You have no one.

2 Next, the best mentor would be from your industry.

3 The company that hired you has a DUTY to train you. If that does not interest them, then they are not interested in your future.

4 Explore the real reason why the senior sales agent left. There maybe a prediction of your future with the company.

I would suggest trying car sales. it is a good entry position. They are usually looking for someone and they train.

If you want to stick to it, get hired by your competitor. Learn the ropes and then return.

They knew the situation and the burdens you would face.
It also sounds like they don't care. If you are willing to do all the work and get almost nothing for it--they can't lose.

Just a few thoughts.

I welcome any other comments you may have. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.