Home > Approach > How do i approach companies to recruit them as dealers?

How do i approach companies to recruit them as dealers?

Dear All, My name is Eric and i am a new sales with no past experience in sales and marketing. I had just been employed by a company that is the master dealer in Walkie Talkie / Mobile PA.

Due to some problems in the company, i am the only sales left and i am tasked with recruiting new companies as dealers to sell our products. I was told to do cold calling but so far there is a less than satisfactory results. I am always stuck at the reception when i called.

During each call, i was asking to speak with the managing director (mostly small companies) so i can get him / her to a demo of our products but so far no results. Am i aiming too high in the corporate ladder or approaching the wrong person? Will i be better off finding the person in charge of sales?

Sorry that i maybe asking a question too much but there is not much people to help me. I am so clueless in this.:cu:cu

Thanks a million in advance,
Eric Low - by chlow6
No you are not aiming too high. You should aim as high as possible in order to get the real decision makers and those who make the purchasing decisions. If nothing else they might even lead you to those who deal with purchasing. Perhaps you're having a volume problem. How many companies have you called so far? In a day? or week? You're always going to get more no's than yes' but the yes' will eventually come just keep going and alter your strategy accordingly. - by jramz
Eric:

Here’s what I learned about making a cold calling approach from my Yellow Pages sales experience. An effective approach, simply put, must quickly create a favorable climate for the selling process to begin. Most business people today are operating at system overload. Consequently, your opening statement (after introducing yourself) must be carefully conceived and designed to either quickly spark interest or arouse curiosity and thereby render the prospect receptive to further sales dialogue. A good rule to follow in this regard is to design your opening statement (or question) in such a way that it does not easily lend itself to a response of, “I wouldn’t be interested.” For example, in your particular field, you might try something like, “Recently introduced technology has virtually eliminated the short term obsolescence cycle of hand held radios. Is there any reason you wouldn’t want to hear more about that?” This is just an example based on my limited knowledge of your product and its key benefits, but I hope you get the idea. I’ll have to deal with the challenge of getting past the receptionist in another post.

Xzilr8r - by Xzilr8r
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.