Home > Personal Selling > The easiest people to sell to are sales people

The easiest people to sell to are sales people

I recently heard that the easiest people to sell to are sales people. What would make sales people easier to sell to? - by Community Mailbox
I recently heard that the easiest people to sell to are sales people. What would make sales people easier to sell to?
That idea has been passed around for many years. It is not true. Some salespeople are easy to sell to--others not.

This was based on the notion that salespeople always have a "warm spot" for another salesperson trying to make a living. Another notion was that the salesperson prospect would evaluate the salesperson's behavior and reward that person with a sale if they passed the test.

Such cases exist, but not enough to make such a general statement that the easiest people to sell to are salespeople. - by Gary A Boye
I'm with Gary on this one. The two items are not related.

I am easy to sell some things to and really hard to sell other things to. It depends on my interests and what I value. Not on whether I sell for a living (or teach people how to). - by Greg Woodley
First, the suggestion that "the easiest people to sell to are sales people" is a "generalization" that I do not find useful.

With that being said, I can see how certain skills and abilities that aid some sales people when selling to others can make it easier for others to sell to them.

One (1) example would be the ability to communicate effectively (i.e., message sent is message received). - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.