Home > Prospecting > When to factor a lead out

When to factor a lead out

Hi,

I just had a call where the person ID'd themselves as a DM, but I have my doubts. The person who picked up the phone stated that they were the DM, but my gut tells me that they were a receptionist.

My list has company names, but not company owners. How can one be sure that they have actually reached a DM?

If one has reached a DM, how long before I should flush the lead?

Thanks in advance! - by carnstar
Hi,

I just had a call where the person ID'd themselves as a DM, but I have my doubts. The person who picked up the phone stated that they were the DM, but my gut tells me that they were a receptionist.

My list has company names, but not company owners. How can one be sure that they have actually reached a DM?

If one has reached a DM, how long before I should flush the lead?

Thanks in advance!
A couple of options you could do are:

1. Visit the companies website and see if they have a directory of executives.

2. Call a business that is next door to the company and see if they might know who is in charge.

3. Look up the local business directory of business owners and compare the information.

4. You could say.. "I'm wondering if you could help me out are you the person I would speak with regarding........."

These are just a few ideas. - by smurge
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.