Home > Approach > Need Help with Opening Script for Franchise Financing

Need Help with Opening Script for Franchise Financing

I am working as a finance manager for a leasing company working with business owners to provide equipment financing or working capital.

I have experience in the industry but am transitioning to work in franchise rather than the standard 'mom and pop' type locations. I will be dealing with big names such as Subway franchise owners.

In my opinion my biggest sales weakness is my opening prospecting script. I have had years of experience in this industry handling inbound calls and leads so after I have the business owners attention I can typically handle the sale/objections/closing from there.

I know that a lot of these locations are going to have remodels coming up (although some of them might not be doing them for a couple years) and some owners are looking for financing. I have a general script laid out but am having difficulties fine tuning it and coming up with some transitions. I need to try and set myself apart from my competition as I know that there are other companies out there that are also contacting these owners.

So far my script is...

"Hello this is _____ from ______. I received your information from __'company name's corporate office holding name'__ and have been told that many owners are looking into financing to fund the upcoming remodels or other various projects. We are able to provide same day approvals up to $100k with just a one page application. The reason for the call was to see if you had any equipment purchases planned that could benefit for financing, I have a reason for asking."

Typically in my past I was blunt and straight to the point, I would simply say "This is ___ from __ and I'm calling to see if you had any equipment financing or working capital needs." Because it was quick and to the point I'd get a yes or no and be able to handle it quickly and accordingly. If they said yes I'd go into all the questions needed to find their needs, if they said no I'd figure out why they don't need financing and some times it would translate that they just told me no originally but actually did have needs.

This approach worked for me in the past because I was able to make several hundred calls a day and reach much more business owners than I am currently. I am trying to be more efficient with how I work in a quality not quantity attitude. I typically have to make several calls before I am able to reach the business owner whereas before I could get most with one.

Any advice is well appreciated. - by FranchiseFinancing
"Hello this is _____ from ______. I received your information from __'company name's corporate office holding name'__ and have been told that many owners are looking into financing to fund the upcoming remodels or other various projects. We are able to provide same day approvals up to $100k with just a one page application. The reason for the call was to see if you had any equipment purchases planned that could benefit for financing, I have a reason for asking."
"I have a reason for asking." is redundant here. Examine the sentence before it.

That magic phrase is one I have used for many years, and it is very effective. But it MUST follow a QUESTION--not a statement.

Try this:

"Do you BELIEVE...pause....that you have ANY..EQUIPMENT..PURCHASES PLANNED...pause..that could BENEFIT from financing--I have a reason for asking."

It's important to say this as a run-on sentence always. Note the words in BOLD which should be accented. Say this with a thoughtful cadence and you will increase your chances for dialogue. - by Gary A Boye
Thanks Gary, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Other than the modification that you suggested do you feel that this is a strong script? Since in the past I was blunt and to the point I'm not used to using a script and I mainly just want to make sure that it's not too long. - by FranchiseFinancing
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.