Home > Personal Selling > I want to become a master

I want to become a master

I am young, 20, and have been in sales since I started selling candy at my school at age 12.

I have no formal training. I work for a great start-up company and have been doing well.

However....I want to become great. What books or materials do you recommend? Obviously it takes action and practice to harness the skills taught, but I want to learn from the best material out there. There is a lot of BS. Time is valuable and I only want to know about the material that I would need to learn the skills to become the best.

I've listened to Tom Hopkins and read articles online. But I want to start spending an hour or two per day learning from the masters, so I can truly become a master of sales.

I would love to pay for one on one sales training, but at this moment financially I can not.

Any recommendations? - by AustinL
Perhaps if you find a qualified coach or trainer, you could discuss with them if they had a payment plan for their services.

Most people who have truly mastered selling make very big money, and will admit they had been willing to invest in their future to achieve that. - by Gary A Boye
Hello AustinL. In your pursuit of mastery in selling I believe you will find an understanding of the following topics to be beneficial: 1) subjective experience, 2) communication, 3) decision making, 4) learning, and 5) interpersonal relationships.

See... "Recommended Reading" in the footer at http://www.salespractice.com/ for a list of resources to check out.

I would love to pay for one on one sales training, but at this moment financially I can not.
Perhaps that too is a worthwhile pursuit. ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
Getting one on one coaching is a goal of mine, so I will be looking into that in the future.

At this moment I want to start with published, public material. So, Jeff, thank you for the link this is where I need to begin. - by AustinL
Getting one on one coaching is a goal of mine, so I will be looking into that in the future.

At this moment I want to start with published, public material. So, Jeff, thank you for the link this is where I need to begin.
If you invest the time and effort in reading those specific books come back and let's talk about one-on-one coaching. ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
Deal. Look for a PM from me in the next few months! - by AustinL
Deal. Look for a PM from me in the next few months!
That sounds like a plan! ;) - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.