Home > Personal Development > Sales mindset: What is it and how do you develop it?

Sales mindset: What is it and how do you develop it?

Title has it. I'd really like to improve in this field. Maybe you guys can help.. :) - by ken014
Title has it. I'd really like to improve in this field. Maybe you guys can help.. :)
That's an interesting question. Here's my answer:

Never lie to yourself. That's a very common practice among a lot of people in sales, and, it leads to underachieving and failure.

How do you develop that discipline? You do that by relentless honesty and the courage to push aside your ego when you're tripping over it.

When you achieve that mindset, you will think clearly. You'll recognize opportunity where it exists and not drift into areas where opportunity is only an illusion--because the grasping of illusions is just another way of lying to yourself.. - by Gary A Boye
How do you develop that discipline? You do that by relentless honesty and the courage to push aside your ego when you're tripping over it. --Gary Boye

There is great depth to this concept Gary. Please elaborate. - by Jeff Blackwell
How do you develop that discipline? You do that by relentless honesty and the courage to push aside your ego when you're tripping over it. --Gary Boye

There is great depth to this concept Gary. Please elaborate.
It's a topic that goes way beyond selling, Jeff, but inasmuch as it effects the livelihood, earnings, security, future, and true satisfaction of people in sales, nowhere is it more applicable. It could create a discussion here that could go on and on, because being truthful to one