Home > Personal Selling > What are soft skills?

What are soft skills?

The phrase "soft skills" came up in discussion earlier today. (1) How do you define soft skills and (2) What importance do you place on soft skills in personal selling? - by Community Mailbox
Not familiar with the term. - by Gary A Boye
Communication, listening, negotiation, etiquette, language skills etc.

Soft skills play a vital role for professional success; they help one to excel in the workplace and their importance cannot be denied in this age of information and knowledge. Exceptional soft skills -- which are in fact scarce -- in a highly competitive sales enviroment will help you stand out. - by Chrisgardner
Oh, I get it now. Sounds like one more buzz term for what I teach as a Core Understanding.
Every potential customer you meet is comparing the EXPERIENCE they have with you to the experiences they have with others. Your success in selling comes from making the other experiences pale by comparison.
I sometimes think that if people can dispense with the shortcut catchy phrases, and focus on the true essense of what it takes to succeed in selling, there would be an epidemic of excellence. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.