Home > Closing > Holiday Close Tactic?

Holiday Close Tactic?

Hey all,

I am sure most of us experience the desire to put decisions off until after "the holidays", however, we don't have the luxury of waiting until 2012.

Anyway, I have quite a few proposals out there where I have some flexibility on price and I am thinking about using this line as a way to get a decision before the end of the month:

"I know you are busy but would an extra $5000 get you to make a decision before the end of the month?"

Any thoughts? - by kenpo1980
I use something like this almost every month:

Mr Customer right now we are chasing a number, clearly our business is driven by the numbers we achieve and just at this moment you can benefit from our need to achieve these numbers.

Because we need to achieve at a certain level we need to ensure we do all we can to get there. in your case i'm pretty sure i can talk to my manager and come back to you with a saving. Now i'm not sure how big a saving i can come up with but would saving you some money that put you in a position where you can take advantage of our situation so that you can benefit?

Same question, just worded differently, i use the word number a lot more than i would in natural conversation to get the prospect thinking numbers, and getting them wondering what THIER number may be. Give it a try. - by Tony Dunne
There's a world of difference between Kenpo's method and Tony's, so thay are NOT the same in different wording.

Kenpo is revealing that he had flexibility in pricing. i.e, "I have some flexibility on price." That can invite the counter suggestion, "Well, why didn't you give me the best price to begin with?"

Counter suggestions are almost always present in selling, and most often left un-aired.

Tony, on the other hand, is introducing a NEW equation which changes the dynamics favorably. He's willing to talk with his manager about more favorable pricing. That's using third party authority, and also, aligning himself on the same side of the table as the prospect.

Again--a world of difference. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.