Home > Interview > World Top Sales Questions

World Top Sales Questions

If you were to put together a list of the world top sales questions based on effectiveness in a variety of B2B or B2C sales calls what would you include in the list? - by Community Mailbox
"Do you like what I've shown you?"

There are many effective questions in selling, asked for specific reasons in the progression. But I consider the above to be THE top question. - by Gary A Boye
Could you tell me what’s on your mind as you think about my proposal and how it relates to your situation?

Similar to Gary’s answer but not open to a yes/no answer. - by Tony Dunne
Could you tell me what’s on your mind as you think about my proposal and how it relates to your situation?

Similar to Gary’s answer but not open to a yes/no answer.
I like that question. I have used it in commandatory form many times as: "Tell me what you're thinking."

I want to make a comment, however. There's a platitude that has been making its rounds for way too long that says we should not ask a "yes or no" question. I don't subscribe to that notion. I ask such questions regularly, and, the answers--yes or no--set me on course to continue the sales engagement effectively.

There is a difference between controlling an interview and leading an interview. I prefer the latter. Sometimes you have to surrender control (which is a leadership tool). That means giving freedom to the prospect to express her wants as well as non-wants--and not attempting to suppress that freedom through questions designed for what we, the sellers, want.

As this is a thread on questions, I encourage newcomers to sales to ask thoughtful, honest, questions--both open-ended and close-ended. - by Gary A Boye
"How do you think I can help you?" - by Coachtd
My questions are different then the majority. I am in b2c plumbing service. My questions concerning the product will look like this;

After the answer I ask more questions that defines their answer to my questions.

How do you use this product?

What do you want from the product?

How would you like it to work?

What more would you like from this product?

Did you like the way the product perform for you?

How do you feel about your existing product?

Prior to these type questions I will have a chat with the customer on any subject the customer puts out there. As an example today I met a Lady from Ill.Her son attends college in Wisconsin, 2 hours away. Her other son is in the 8th grade. The reason there is huge difference in ages is she is a breast cancer survivor and has defeated it 3 times. She is 56 years old and just bought this condo after vacationing here for 10 years. Her husband is from South Africa and has been in the states for over 20 years. She met him in South Africa. He will be flying down on Jan 2nd and she will be leaving on Jan 9th to go back home. They have a cottage in the wilderness of Illinois that her grandfather built and other relatives have added onto that cottage and it is a real Goldberg. The relatives re-piped the home last summer and it took all summer long to compete the re-pipe. All of the relative meet for a family reunion in August at the cottage and camp out. She ordered furniture for the condo from Illinois and a branch here in Sarasota will deliver it Saturday. There is a lot more to write about my discovery of who this woman is and what she wants bu I believe you get the idea.

None of these questions and answers had anything to do with the sale and yet had everything to do with the sale. This information had more to do with the sale than my professional questions about the product or my service. - by rich34232
On that specific example of the lady from Illinois, what was the nature of the plumbing issue that she requested your services on?

Which of these questions, that you exampled, did you use with her?

How do you use this product?

What do you want from the product?

How would you like it to work?

What more would you like from this product?

Did you like the way the product perform for you?

How do you feel about your existing product?
- by Gary A Boye
On Qualifying « Prev | Next » I need HELLLP!
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.