Home > Education > So-called Sales Experts - Hyperbole and Misinformation

So-called Sales Experts - Hyperbole and Misinformation

I am always on the lookout for insights and information about personal selling that can help me achieve my desired outcomes in my own sales practice. This often leads me to discover blogs and articles written by so-called sales experts. Some of these blogs and articles offer excellent insights and information about selling worthy of reading but sadly even more offer nothing more than hyperbole and misinformation.
Hyperbole: Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Misinformation: false or inaccurate information that is spread unintentionally.
With so many so-called sales experts publishing so much hyperbole and information about selling where does this leave people in search of the truth about selling? - by Community Mailbox
It leaves them in a tricky situation. I think sales people with some experience have a better chance by using their gut instinct. If something resonates with you then you can probably feel reasonably confident that youíre on the right track.

The biggest risk I think is to the newer sales people. They havenít formed a frame of reference around what works in the real world of selling and will find it more difficult to sort the Hyperbole and misinformation. One answer is for them to find some more established material from what appears to be a reputable source start to build their knowledge base from there.

That sounds a little vague but I struggle to be more specific with this answer. - by Tony Dunne
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.