Home > Interview > I need HELLLP!

I need HELLLP!

Hi guys, First of all i am really happy to be here considering you guys are really professionals in the industry. Well i will tell you a lilttle bit about my self i am 26 years old i have been working in sales since i was 18 so about 8 years i am in customer service, Retail,Coming to my question i have a job interview on the 11th of Feb it's for the world's largest and leading onboard retailer Starboard cruises, in total the exam will be 8 hours *eeeek* im really nervous, As far as i have been told the exam will include sale roleplays an hour one on one interview and also an english test i think it will be multiple choices the only thing that makes me worried and thinking is the Roleplays!? i mean i made a script for my self but im not satisfied with it, If anyone out there that knows where i can get any script's to study for the exam i will be delighted!!!!!! the roleplays will be made of 4 peolpe i think 1 salesman and 3 customers im not too sure i need help pleaseeeee, Thanks in advance. - by Mams85
Mams85, you're new here so we have approved your post.

You will find that members are more willing to take their time to help you if you are willing to take the time to write your posts in proper form. I realize that a lot of people use the expediency of text messaging where grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are often dispensed with. But inasmuch as many posts here are expository, and written by professionals who value good oral and written communication skills, we would ask you to adhere to that practice. - by Gary A Boye
Mams85, you're new here so we have approved your post.

You will find that members are more willing to take their time to help you if you are willing to take the time to write your posts in proper form. I realize that a lot of people use the expediency of text messaging where grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are often dispensed with. But inasmuch as many posts here are expository, and written by professionals who value good oral and written communication skills, we would ask you to adhere to that practice.
Hi Gary, When i wrote this out it was i think 2am so i was really tired, however i do understand where your coming from and thanks for pointing out a important fact, i will re-post my question in the form that everyone will understand.

Thankyou,

Mams85 - by Mams85
Mams85, I take it that role-playing would be a test of sorts of your ability to present information, and, lead an inquiry process, with the intent of gaining consent or agreement.

You can make it less intimidating and more productive with the following idea which we call the Rule of Three.

Simply put, it consists of preparing yourself with THREE, and only three, points that you want to get across or address in an organized manner. You should also prepare yourself with three questions you want to ask that would pertain to current situation.

In addition, you should never lose sight of the following fundamental rules of all presentations:
  • Tell them what you're going to tell them.
  • Tell it to them.
  • Tell them what you've told them.
3 is the magic number in selling. Wear that idea around your neck. - by Gary A Boye
Mams85, I take it that role-playing would be a test of sorts of your ability to present information, and, lead an inquiry process, with the intent of gaining consent or agreement.

You can make it less intimidating and more productive with the following idea which I we call the Rule of Three.

Simply put, it consists of preparing your self with THREE, and only three points that you want to get across or address in an organized manner. You should also prepare yourself with three questions you want to ask that would pertain to current situation.

In addition, you should never lose sight of the following fundamental rules of all presentations:
  • Tell them what you're going to tell them.
  • Tell it to them.
  • Tell them what you've told them.
3 is the magic number in selling. Wear that idea around your neck.
Thankyou very much Mr Gary, i also have another question the question is - To discover customer needs, we need to ask open-ended questions. Give four examples of open-ended questions, thanks in advance. - by Mams85
To discover customer needs, we need to ask open-ended questions. Give four examples of open-ended questions, thanks in advance.
I don't subscribe to that premise.

Honest, Intrinsic Questions are the building blocks of sales.

They could be open-ended or closed.

What we want to discover is what the prospect WANTS. A satisfaction of a want, in a prospect's eyes, is a welcome change, a desired outcome. In order to bring about change, initial questions, open or/and closed, should focus on the situation as it exists--the status quo. The next line of questions should focus on the dissatisfaction regarding the status quo. The next series of questions, open and/or closed, should explore the positive implications of that change, and, the desirability of the outcome by moving forward with your solution. - by Gary A Boye
I don't subscribe to that premise.

Honest, Intrinsic Questions are the building blocks of sales.

They could be open-ended or closed.

What we want to discover is what the prospect WANTS. A satisfaction of a want, in a prospect's eyes, is a welcome change, a desired outcome. In order to bring about change, initial questions, open or/and closed, should focus on the situation as it exists--the status quo. The next line of questions should focus on the dissatisfaction regarding the status quo. The next series of questions, open and/or closed, should explore the positive implications of that change, and, the desirability of the outcome by moving forward with your solution.
Thankyou very much for the informaiton you have provided me with means alot.

Mams - by Mams85
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.