Home > Education > The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term.

The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term.

The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term. What really takes place is the EXPERIENCE between buyer and seller. There is no cookie cutter for that.

Thoughts? Do you agree with this? Is it a meaningful distinction? - by Gary A Boye
I think it couldn't be better stated than that Gary. The "process" is simply that - the formula you use for whatever it is you sell.

The "experience" is the relationship or connection you and your product make with the buyer that evolves into a sale. Hope this makes sense! - by libbycop
I think it couldn't be better stated than that Gary. The "process" is simply that - the formula you use for whatever it is you sell.

The "experience" is the relationship or connection you and your product make with the buyer that evolves into a sale. Hope this makes sense!
It does. It makes PERFECT sense. - by Gary A Boye
The term, "selling process" is merely an arbitrary term. What really takes place is the EXPERIENCE between buyer and seller. There is no cookie cutter for that.

Thoughts? Do you agree with this? Is it a meaningful distinction?

Yes, this reminds me of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. While people are focused on the process of moving through the pyramid, the only way to validate the concept is to live it--all at once. There is no hierarchy in reality only in the mind!

This distinction is important in sales training. An instructor often needs to dissect ideas into its parts for participants to understand them. However, they might also leave a seminar thinking each part woven back together is sufficient to generate the sale.

There is a teachable process to getting on a bicycle but no one can teach "balance." - by John Voris
There is a teachable process to getting on a bicycle but no one can teach "balance."
That analogy, John, fits perfectly with this topic. Actually, it IS the topic. - by Gary A Boye
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.