Home > Education > Has anyone read never cold call again or cold calling sucks?

Has anyone read never cold call again or cold calling sucks?

Read one of them but would love to know your opinion:) - by elite77
I read both books. In my opinion the content was standard fare for the topics discussed. - by Jeff Blackwell
I have also read them and Jeff's comment is pretty much the same view I have. I did not agree with everything but there were some good ideas throughout the book. - by DerekBernier
thanks it makes coldcalling seem almost obsolete :) - by elite77
thanks it makes coldcalling seem almost obsolete :)
Please elaborate. Are you referring to the book or the practice of prospecting via cold calls? - by Jeff Blackwell
I mean cold calling by itself:) - by elite77
I mean cold calling by itself:)
There are numerous threads on this topic at SALESPRACTICE. Here are a couple of examples:

http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-9685.html
http://www.salespractice.com/forums/t-8359.html - by Jeff Blackwell
Have you read my articles about how to change cold-calling to warm-calling?

The first time you call a highly targeted list it is, by definition, a cold-call. With the right strategy, you can call about 90 percent of that list again and again - every 3 to 4 weeks. Those are warm-calls.

To make it work, each time you call you must present a different prospecting offer without pushing to get an appointment.

The first 5 or 6 times you call the list, a higher percentage will want an appointment. Most of them will buy. Then, that percentage will gradually diminish until you refresh the list with new names. - by JacquesWerth
Have you read my articles about how to change cold-calling to warm-calling?

The first time you call a highly targeted list it is, by definition, a cold-call. With the right strategy, you can call about 90 percent of that list again and again - every 3 to 4 weeks. Those are warm-calls.

To make it work, each time you call you must present a different prospecting offer without pushing to get an appointment.

The first 5 or 6 times you call the list, a higher percentage will want an appointment. Most of them will buy. Then, that percentage will gradually diminish until you refresh the list with new names.

Hi Jacques!

I raised my family with 30 years of door-to-door cold-call selling. I would use the same method today and get the same results.
The first pass was cold with follow-up warm calls. This procedure is identical to the one you offer.

However as you know, cold-calling as with any marketing technique is commodity driven. While all selling shares the same base components still, you are not going to sell private jets door-to-door and make a living at it.

From what I have seen over the years, telling people that cold-calling is obsolete is a great disservice to those who are selling a commodity like I did. Also, when this idea first hit the sales market, seasoned sales reps saw it as the well known "shock" approach for gurus to use in filling seminars. And, I have never seen this method work in my industry of retail sales.

While it is possible with other commodities, most seem to begin with the first cold-call somewhere by someone.

Had I followed the Never Cold Call Again advice, my family would have starved and we would have been in the street. - by John Voris
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.