Home > Personal Selling > Numbers game

Numbers game

I do door 2 door sales, I have a question if i cover more territory say 50 to 60 houses a day 6 days a week that would give me 240 prospects a month by increasing my sales volume i could possible increase my sales per month. I just started with this company they sale cable/tv/internet, what would be my average with this type of input? - by circle7
I am not sure I understand the question. What exactly are you asking? - by Jeff Blackwell
I am not sure I understand the question. What exactly are you asking?
What i mean is that if you prospect that many times a week what would be a percentage of sales from those prospects - by circle7
What i mean is that if you prospect that many times a week what would be a percentage of sales from those prospects
That would depend a number of variables. Two that immediately come to mind are:
  1. The number of presentations given to qualified prospects
  2. The salesperson's personal performance
- by Jeff Blackwell
Jeff is right on.

It can be misleading, or in some cases it can be the result of misguidance, to think of sales as a numbers game unless you keep the aforementioned variables in mind, - by Gary A Boye
Great question. There is a formula that you can use to figure out the answer and it always varies by sales person, based on experience, skill, product or service, etc.

If your goal is that you want one sale, the questions are:

1: How many people do you have to present your product or service to in order to get one sale?

If it's five prospects, then . . .

2: How many doors must you knock on to get to present to five prospects?

If it's fifty, then every fifty doors should equal five presentations and turn into one sale, give or take.

Now it may take you longer to accomplish this, say every 100 houses if you are new, but yes, longer hours can compensate for experience, then when you get better, you can improve your closing ratio and work from that perspective.

Best of luck!

I do door 2 door sales, I have a question if i cover more territory say 50 to 60 houses a day 6 days a week that would give me 240 prospects a month by increasing my sales volume i could possible increase my sales per month. I just started with this company they sale cable/tv/internet, what would be my average with this type of input?
- by Rob Liano
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.