Home > Personal Development > You are your own worst enemy.

You are your own worst enemy.

It has been suggested that for the most part we are our own worst enemy not because of our lack of sales knowledge, skills, or abilities but because we get in our own way. Would you agree? How can we prevent this from happening in the future? - by Community Mailbox
It has been suggested that for the most part we are our own worst enemy not because of our lack of sales knowledge, skills, or abilities but because we get in our own way. Would you agree? How can we prevent this from happening in the future?
I think that the suggestion, "our own worst enemy", is applicable in some, but NOT ALL, life situations, events, or circumstances.

Like in many discussions here, it boils down to context.

To choose a context appropriate to sales, I'll volunteer a pure strategic one. As seller, we don't control the purchasing decision; the buyer does. What we CAN control is ourselves and our participation in the buy/sell process. Our goal--one that we can achieve-- is to NOT lose the sale by our own hand. It could, I suppose, be described as "getting in our own way."

A person who UNDERSTANDS the nature of selling will rarely experience that. - by Gary A Boye
I believe that in many cases, if not most cases, the biggest threat to a person's own health, wealth, happiness, etc. is his/her inability to influence or direct his/her own thoughts, feelings, actions, etc. - by Jeff Blackwell
I believe that in many cases, if not most cases, the biggest threat to a person's own health, wealth, happiness, etc. is his/her inability to influence or direct his/her own thoughts, feelings, actions, etc.
I believe that also.

Perhaps the "inability" is most influenced by the lack of awareness that they CAN influence and direct their thoughts.

Almost all of the truly great mentors on this earth, throughout history, focused on explaining to people that they could. - by Gary A Boye
I agree and believe that in all aspects of life perspective is key. - by Jeff Blackwell
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.