Home > Closing > Thermometer Close

Thermometer Close

Please post your scripts for the "Thermometer/ Scale of 1-to-10" close.
- by Jeff Blackwell
On a scale of one to ten, ten you calling me, and one never hearing from you again. Where would we be rated? A 7. That's great. My last customer gave me a 6 and put me to work. They said they would give me a 10 when the project was completed to their satisfaction. If you could change anything at all that would make us a 10, What would it be? - by klozerking
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being "I'm not interested" and 10 being "I want to buy this now", how would you rate yourself? - by AZBroker
On a scale of 0-10, zero being you have absolutely no interest in our offer and 10 being you can't wait for me to finish so you can sign the paperwork, where are you now? - by Liberty
Some sales people in the UK use the 1 - 10 philosphy when speaking to customers about their part exchange car. They ask the customer to rate their part exchange on a scale of 1 -10. They rarely give it 10. This then gives the sales person something to go back to when they value the customers car.
Sales people also use it after demonstrating the car, they say "on scale of 1-10 what do you think of this car" Only problem with this is that it is often used as an opportunity to devalue the car. - by marky
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.