Home > Personal Selling > Is the word "Salesmanship" politically correct?

Is the word "Salesmanship" politically correct?

Does the word "salesmanship" seem biased? - by Agent Smith
My philosophy is not to put a lot of emphasis on gender. I say Hi Guys, even if talking to a room full of women. To me, "guys" is gender neutral.

I wouldn't suggest changing mankind to peoplekind, or salesmanship to salespersonship??

To me, some things just aren't worth the effort.

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
My philosophy is not to put a lot of emphasis on gender. I say Hi Guys, even if talking to a room full of women. To me, "guys" is gender neutral.

I wouldn't suggest changing mankind to peoplekind, or salesmanship to salespersonship??

To me, some things just aren't worth the effort.

Kathleen
I agree, Kathleen. The whole gender-neutral thing can get out of hand. At a technology company where I once worked, someone actually objected to the use of the terms "male" and "female" to denote the two sides of an electrical connector.

Unbelievable! :rolleyes: - by Terri Zwierzynski
Does the word "salesmanship" seem biased?
Hmmm... I don't know. Good question. - by SalesGuy
I have a rather large nose. I get horribly offended when someon says any thing about someone getting nosy. So from now on I would prefer that everyone use the term "proboscus interjectus", I find that much less offensive. Thank you in advance for your support. - by klozerking
Does the word "salesmanship" seem biased?
No more to me than the word "Mankind". - by Mikey
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.