Home > Resistance > We bought elsewhere objection

We bought elsewhere objection

Every once in a while when return a call to a new lead we hear, "We bought one already".

On the surface that seems pretty obvious but in my experience a large percentage of the prospects really haven't bought but are using it as a blow off. For instance, maybe for one reason or another they don't want to take the call or they've actually changed their minds.

Has anyone outside of the real estate industry heard this before and if so how do you typically respond? - by AZBroker
AZ,

I've heard it before. I think when it's a blow off, that probably means I'd be wasting my time pursuing the issue. I'd just say something like: That's great. But, if anything gets in the way of the transaction (or you don't like the product or whatever fits), and you'd like to discuss other options, keep in mind that my [competitive advantage] has resulted in a lot of happy clients, and I hope you'll give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Then, I'd remove that person from my active follow up and put them into an occasional contact category.

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
AZ,

I've heard it before. I think when it's a blow off, that probably means I'd be wasting my time pursuing the issue. I'd just say something like: That's great. But, if anything gets in the way of the transaction (or you don't like the product or whatever fits), and you'd like to discuss other options, keep in mind that my [competitive advantage] has resulted in a lot of happy clients, and I hope you'll give me a call if I can be of assistance.

Then, I'd remove that person from my active follow up and put them into an occasional contact category.

Kathleen
Excellent response Kathleen. :cool: - by SalesGuy
Excellent response Kathleen. :cool:
Ditto!
:) - by BossMan
Every once in a while when return a call to a new lead we hear, "We bought one already".

On the surface that seems pretty obvious but in my experience a large percentage of the prospects really haven't bought but are using it as a blow off. For instance, maybe for one reason or another they don't want to take the call or they've actually changed their minds.

Has anyone outside of the real estate industry heard this before and if so how do you typically respond?
I think the use of "we bought elsewhere" as a way to get a salesperson to stop calling isn't unique to real estate but universal. - by Jomsom
I think the use of "we bought elsewhere" as a way to get a salesperson to stop calling isn't unique to real estate but universal.
You bet. I especially hate it when it is obvious they are making it up as they go when you ask them questions about it. :mad: - by RainMaker
You bet. I especially hate it when it is obvious they are making it up as they go when you ask them questions about it. :mad:
Don't you just love to watch them squirm? :D - by Agent Smith
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.