Home > Personal Selling > Which step is the most important for your selling style?

Which step is the most important for your selling style?

A lot of the older sales books I read placed the most emphasis on presentations and closing. I read SPIN Selling and it placed the emphasis on the interview.

Which step is the most important for your selling style; prospecting, interviewing, presenting, closing, or something else? - by Mikey
A lot of the older sales books I read placed the most emphasis on presentations and closing. I read SPIN Selling and it placed the emphasis on the interview.

Which step is the most important for your selling style; prospecting, interviewing, presenting, closing, or something else?
Prospecting for the person who wants what I have to offer - that will then include interviewing and presenting as we close in on the deal. - by MitchM
Our primary focus has been the interview. The more we find out about what the customer wants the easier it is to find the matching property. - by AZBroker
As I find all these steps interdependent, I do not think any one is greater than the other, as none can exist without the others; however, prospecting is the FIRST step. If you don't succeed at that one, you will never even get a crack at the others. - by RainMaker
Our marketing department brings in almost all of the Buyers so with that taken care of I think the "interview" is the most important step for me. When showing homes it's a lot easier when you show the buyers what they're looking for than to try and "sell" them on something else. - by Thomas
For me, the Interview and Prospecting are most important. - by Agent Smith
Prospecting, mainly because I find that to be the most difficult part. Once I've idnetified a potential customer it doesn't seem to be a problem to sell to them. - by Doc MC
Which step is the most important for your selling style; prospecting, interviewing, presenting, closing, or something else?
Prospecting for "qualified" companies/customers is important. (cant waste time calling on unqualified prospects)
"Interviewing" is most critical for me because it helps me "engage" the potential client and helps build credibility; showing that I am sincerely interested in their unique issues (and the answers they reveal is educating which can make us more knowledgeable and proficient in sales) - by ginoayn
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.