Home > Personal Selling > Why Are We Who We Are?

Why Are We Who We Are?

Ever wondered why we got into the sales business?

Do you think certain people are natural at doing sales?

Or do you have a weird story on how you got started. I know I have an interesting one.

Speak up people. - by mario60185
Ever wondered why we got into the sales business?

Do you think certain people are natural at doing sales?

Or do you have a weird story on how you got started. I know I have an interesting one.

Speak up people.
I saw an opportunity with a company and took advantage of it - it promised financial and other rewards if I worked to build the company.

Some people have natural from birth and growing up abilities like music, math, humor, and sales which they improve on - others learn them. - by MitchM
I got tired of working by the hour so I gambled and went into commissioned sales.

I do think some people bring natural talents to the table.

So what's your story? - by Thomas
My family has been in the business for several generations so no interesting story there. How about you? What's your story? - by AZBroker
OK, Ill try and keep it short. Heres a timeline:

Gradeschool, always in trouble.
Freshman highschool, kicked out first semester.
Sophomore year, kicked out again(diff. school)
Got diploma through bs'ing "home school"

I toook some general college coarses, but had noo plan, so it seemed pointless again.

wanted to become a fireman, gave up after I became certified emt, wasnt into sticking people with needles.

My father, mother, and grandparents all have or had their own businesses. So I grew up with the mind set that working for yourself is possible.

I finally grew up and thought "where can I make loads of money without a degree?"

So now Im a realtor. Much more to the story but ill keep it short. - by mario60185
My major in college was accounting, and after graduating and going on several interviews, I came to the decision that accounting was boring. (I know that probably comes as a shock to most of you so take a deep breath and let yourself calm down) Anyway an opportunity came up that wasn't exactly what I thought I was going to be doing with my life, but the money was good and it seemd exciting. - by Doc MC
Was security gaurd making 27k a year working like hell. Became car salesman making 50k a year working like hell,nuff said! - by Rothgar the Pacifist
I managed collection agencies for 15 years, and decided there had to be soemthing else out there where I could equal the money of collections. I'm a commission junkie and certainly wasn't willing to work for an hourly wage, so took a spin through the free sales education of a part time Mary Kay business, decided I REALLY didn't like working with that many women at once and made the jump to b2b sales. - by golden1
(same ol thing verses new challenges)

worked in business operation for over a year handling accounts in an internet start up dealing with clients/partners issues and putting out multiple daily fire drills. Was starting to get burnt out on the redundancy (same ol same ol)

moved over to the biz dev team and loving every minute of it. how can one not enjoy networking, building rapport and seeking out, calling on new qualified prospects/potential new partners? (something new everyday) - by ginoayn
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.