Home > Referrals > Boosting Referral Rates

Boosting Referral Rates

What ideas does everyone have for boosting referral rates? Maybe a little referral solicitation? Reciprocation for referring? ??? - by Mikey
LOL, well talk about seizing the opportunity....

I sell specialty advertising/promotional products. So I give what I sell. I have 4 color pens etched with my contact info, and I have a "roomarang" ... a specially designed, indoor boomerang, for desk pilots, again etched with my info. A third item I have is a coffee mug, made out of plastic from corn. Corn plastic! It's great for the patriot, who hates that we rely on foreign petroleum, it's good for the environmentalist, because it will eventually biodegrade, it's good for the agriculturalist, the gardener, and so on. I sell products like this, and my customers that it will help YOUR customers to remember you.

Some sales people I know bake cakes and cookies, or bring them breakfast. Once that's eaten, they remember you for until dinner. Give them something that they'll actually use day in, day out, and they'll hook you up with ANOTHER referral eventually ... imo. :)

Sorry for sounding like a commercial, but I believe strongly in what I sell. - by KirkOtto
Excellent customer service should lead the way to more than a few referrals. :) - by Bulldog
Excellent customer service should lead the way to more than a few referrals. :)
True ... if they're your customer already. If they don't want your product or service at this time, yet like you enough to want to call you when they do?
If you're lucky, they'll toss your business card somewhere they'll remember, or in the stack of others. If you're unlucky, it'll sit around for a bit until it's used as a coaster and tossed. - by KirkOtto
Excellent customer service should lead the way to more than a few referrals. :)
Customer loyalty can take you even farther. :wi - by Iceman
Good point Iceman. Customer loyalty is the target and has its roots in Customer Service. :wi - by Agent Smith
Customer loyalty is huge! If you have a good relationship with your customer the moment can come when you can ASK for a referral!Also, if someone is not interested in your product or service you can also ask if they know of someone who might be. You just have to willing to take a chance! - by tigerlily
The admins must have read this thread because there is a new thread today about referrals @ http://www.salespractice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540 - by AZBroker
Here are some good articles about referrals. http://www.referralcoach.com/article/

#7 gives a good method to ask for referrals. - by Derek
Thanks for the link Derek. That's some good info. :sm - by AZBroker
Here are some key points to a referral strategy that I often deliver when speaking to companies, associations and organizations.

1. ask for them
2. narrow the universe - in other words dont ask, "who do you know that could benefit from my services." Ask," who do you know in your networking group that could use my services."
3. Offer incentive - nothing huge; just recognition
4. let your referring friend know what a good referral is for you and how they should go about making the referral.
5. ask them what a good referral is for them. They will usually want to reciprocate.

Many times a referral program just doesnt happen. Plan it out, try it and repeat it. Consistency and repetition pay off.

Al Lautenslager, Author, Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days - by Guerrilla Marketer
Here are some key points to a referral strategy that I often deliver when speaking to companies, associations and organizations.

1. ask for them
2. narrow the universe - in other words dont ask, "who do you know that could benefit from my services." Ask," who do you know in your networking group that could use my services."
3. Offer incentive - nothing huge; just recognition
4. let your referring friend know what a good referral is for you and how they should go about making the referral.
5. ask them what a good referral is for them. They will usually want to reciprocate.

Many times a referral program just doesnt happen. Plan it out, try it and repeat it. Consistency and repetition pay off.

Al Lautenslager, Author, Guerrilla Marketing in 30 Days
Thanks for the help Al. I can really use this kind of information. :co - by Thomas
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.