Home > Advertising > silent sellers

silent sellers

Hi guys,
ive just recently closed a deal with a supermarket and the product is of a reasonably technical nature, its the type product that u would need to touch and feel and know about about purchasing as it is priced in the $799 rrp point.

Staff will not know anything about the product and will basically be placed on shelf s self serve... I think that the only way the product is going to sell is if undergo a silent seller strategy in form of advertising (next to the shelf) that covers typical questions that customers would ask a sales person for example at a K Mart store...

Just wondering whether anyone has ideas or had a similar issue and how they resolved it.
Spiz - by spaz83
Hi guys,
ive just recently closed a deal with a supermarket and the product is of a reasonably technical nature, its the type product that u would need to touch and feel and know about about purchasing as it is priced in the $799 rrp point.

Staff will not know anything about the product and will basically be placed on shelf s self serve... I think that the only way the product is going to sell is if undergo a silent seller strategy in form of advertising (next to the shelf) that covers typical questions that customers would ask a sales person for example at a K Mart store...

Just wondering whether anyone has ideas or had a similar issue and how they resolved it.
Spiz
A supermarket to me is a grocery store. Is that what you're talking about? - by haggler236
yes... it is a grocery store... - by spaz83
Hi guys,

Spiz
Spiz, out of curiosity... is a supermarket typically where someone would look for this product? Is the product well known and in demand? - by Agent Smith
No definately not this product, it is actually the first time this product has hit supermarkets.

The product has just started to become accepted in Australian markets however still very new and has a long way to go... i feel that placing it on the shelf is just not enough... demand is definatley there... most cases the product needs to be 'sold' however the supermarket staff will know nothing about the product. - by spaz83
No definately not this product, it is actually the first time this product has hit supermarkets.

The product has just started to become accepted in Australian markets however still very new and has a long way to go... i feel that placing it on the shelf is just not enough... demand is definatley there... most cases the product needs to be 'sold' however the supermarket staff will know nothing about the product.
Spiz, outside of the supermarket is there some type of marketing campaign running for this product? - by Agent Smith
Not at our end, the company i work for are major tight arses!
The supermarket however will have it in their catelogue - by spaz83
Spaz83, does "RRP" stand for "Recommended Retail Price?"

What is the marketing plan for this product? - by Liberty
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.