Home > Consumer Behavior > Motivated Buyer

Motivated Buyer

What questions would you ask a real estate buyer to find out if they are serious or just looking? - by realtor
Here's a few that should help:

--Why do you think now is a good time to buy?
--Have you already talked with a lender about a mortgage?
--How long have you seriously been looking?
--How soon will you be moving? - by Houston
You could always go direct and ask, "If we find a home today that satisfies your requirements what will you do? - by Liberty
Those are awesome. I'm going to add them to my list of things to memorize. Thank you. :sm - by realtor
Its really hard to satisy a person who is buying a home , he will look al around and then only come to a decision, so you have to patient in this case - by mtajim
My husband and I have looked at a lot of homes and these are some of the questions we've been asked by the realtors:

Do you own your own home now? How long have you lived there? Are you wanting to down size or get something larger? Usually by the time they've asked two or three questions, we volunteer the information that we are just looking for the fun of seeing the products being used in homes these days. - by ozzie
Sometimes I work at the office that's in a MH community and half or more of the people that come in aren't serious or qualified buyers but they want me to show them everthing that is for sale in the community. :yi

I tell people that we promise the sellers that the only people we'll bring through the home are qualified and serious and that works pretty good for preparing the buyers for qualifying questions. - by Thomas
You could always go direct and ask, "If we find a home today that satisfies your requirements what will you do?
Its a beautiful one, you define the target for the meeting: Make some Deal

Have a Grat Day :thu - by c1ph3r
Its a beautiful one, you define the target for the meeting:
Get the upfront agreement and establish expectations where you can. :thup - by Jolly Roger
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.