Home > Approach > Beginner Basics - How to get in with the Big Cheeses?

Beginner Basics - How to get in with the Big Cheeses?

Hi everyone!
I'm new here and posting on behalf of my less-than-internet-savvy husband ;bg He's just completed his training with a sales company and needs ideas on how to find prospects. The company works mostly on referrals from it's salespeople's "warm" markets, but we have precious few and have exhausted most of it already.

So any advice on how to find "cold" prospects, particularly businesses (the products can be customized as gifts) or at least people who might actually have the money to buy if they like it would be GREATLY helpful!

I'm sorry if I'm being vague, if anyone needs more specifics on anything, please let me know and I'll try to expound

Annie - by AnnieBanks
Buy a targeted list of businesses and start calling.

Don't want to buy a list? Get a library card, go onto your library's webpage, and use referenceUSA to find businesses that fit the criteria you are looking for. If you live in a decent sized city, the library should subscribe to the service and it is free to you. The downside is that it will only let you look at 5 or 10 businesses at a time so you will have to cut and paste to create a larger database on your own computer. - by Derek
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and posting on behalf of my less-than-internet-savvy husband ;bg He's just completed his training with a sales company and needs ideas on how to find prospects. The company works mostly on referrals from it's salespeople's "warm" markets, but we have precious few and have exhausted most of it already.

So any advice on how to find "cold" prospects, particularly businesses (the products can be customized as gifts) or at least people who might actually have the money to buy if they like it would be GREATLY helpful!

I'm sorry if I'm being vague, if anyone needs more specifics on anything, please let me know and I'll try to expound

Annie
Hello Annie. I agree... develop/buy a list of "targeted" leads. The company your husband works with should be able to provide a profile of who to include in the list. With list in hand start calling either by phone or in person.

Did the company provide any training in lead generation? - by AZBroker
Hi AnnieBanks,

If your customers are "Business to Business", a search engine results page will yield tons of companies to call. If this is for Business to Consumer, whatever you do, be mindful of the "do not call list" and if you buy leads, make sure the lead generator is fully in compliance with the DNC.

Hope this helps a bit and welcome aboard. - by ginoayn
Annie,

I develop sales products, and am doing a joint venture w/ someone who is very savvy when it comes to lists. He recommends SRDS. Apparently, it costs about 700 per year and you can customize your requests for what you are looking for. I've not personally used this, so can't give you much more info.

Susan - by susana
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.