Home > Advertising > Write interesting articles and "Digg" them

Write interesting articles and "Digg" them

If you have a blog and write good articles, you can submit them to places such as www.digg.com and www.shoutwire.com and when they are well perceived, you can easily get 10,000 visitors within a few hours. It's happened to me. Get some good stories written or just try things out. You can get some serious exposure if you hit the right note with the visitors over there. But make sure your blog post has something unique to it and doesn't just say "Click here for a good story" and then linking to the news site where you've read something you like. It will make them hate you and call you a spammer. Be one of the first to write about new events in your area of expertise. It's ok to link to the official article/site, but be creative and state your opinions about it as well - it will create more comments and get the ball rolling better and faster. - by MikeDammann
Hey Mike, I was under the impression articles submitted had to be "technology" related. What articles have you already submitted? - by Jeff Blackwell
The digg ones have to be somewhat tech related, but as long as they are about something search engine related, they can still get in. Shoutwire is about anything, but beware of the trolls and the kids over there. Don't be shocked if some ignorant comments wind up underneath your article ;) - by MikeDammann
I will give it some thought. Thanks Mike! - by Jeff_Blackwell
Just come up with something unique or a new story and go for it :) - by MikeDammann
Mike, if there are a lot of trolls at ShoutWire, does that affect the 'quality' of surfers who will be hitting your site as a result of your article? Not sure I worded that right, but what I mean is, will the same people leaving nasty comments be visiting the site to leave the same sort of comments there? - by CarrieGee
Mike, if there are a lot of trolls at ShoutWire, does that affect the 'quality' of surfers who will be hitting your site as a result of your article? Not sure I worded that right, but what I mean is, will the same people leaving nasty comments be visiting the site to leave the same sort of comments there?
That doesn't sound very productive. What kind of conversion rates can one expect from this type of traffic? - by fred
Not really, digg seems to have a better audience.
Mike, if there are a lot of trolls at ShoutWire, does that affect the 'quality' of surfers who will be hitting your site as a result of your article? Not sure I worded that right, but what I mean is, will the same people leaving nasty comments be visiting the site to leave the same sort of comments there?
- by MikeDammann
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.