Home > Personal Selling > Sales call interrupted

Sales call interrupted

I went on a scheduled appointment today with a For Sale By Owner. About twenty minutes into the appointment a buyer stops outside of the home. I didn't think it would be unreasonable for the Seller to meet and greet the interested buyer and ask them to come back later but instead the Seller decided to interrupt our appointment to show the home. That didn't work for me so I graciously excused myself, called the Seller back later and let her know that I was going to pass on the listing.

What would you have done? Would you have stayed? Would you have left? - by Thomas
I would have left because I don't consider that type of behavior acceptable. - by Houston
I would have left. If one's work is "consultative", the prospect's behavour was inappropriate and outside of the boundaries of consultation I would provide. It's also a trust and respect issue. - by Gary Boye
I wouldn't put up with that either. It sure gives you some insight into the Seller doesn't it? For instance, how easily she will brush you aside if it suites her interest.

NEXT!!! - by AZBroker
I would have left..... Seller's behavior was totally not appropriate and not in her best interest. - by tigerlily

I would have left. That kind of a client is telling you that they'll be more trouble than they're worth!

Sometimes you just have to fire the client.

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.