Stumped

Hello everyone, this is only my second post, my first was in the introductions but I don't think those get read much.

I am at a loss, By trade I am a nurse, a hospice nurse to be exact but over the last year I teamed up with some guys and built a website. Long story short is, one aspect of the site deals with selling advertising to contractors and such. Basically anyone who provides a service to a homeowner could advertise here, even an attorney. So, this feature obviously needs to be sold but none of us are sales men. I have been reading everything I can get ahold of and I can't seem to get it.

While this feature was being built I was on fire. I knew we had an amazing product and as soon as it was built I was going to sell it like crazy, to be honest, I thought it would sell itself. Well obviously that is not the case.

Okay, I'll wrap it up. My problem seems to be performance anxiety. I feel immobilized. I can't even think clearly enough to write a solid pitch little lone make a call. I have made a few but it has not been good. I am bound up inside and always feel panicky. I feel like I am really letting everyone down.

Please Help.

Thanks, Ryden - by ryden111
Ryden, it sounds like you've lost your conviction. Does that sound right? - by Houston
Okay, I'll wrap it up. My problem seems to be performance anxiety. I feel immobilized. I can't even think clearly enough to write a solid pitch little lone make a call. I have made a few but it has not been good. I am bound up inside and always feel panicky. I feel like I am really letting everyone down.
What do you believe is causing the panicky feelings? Is it a fear of meeting new people? Is it a fear that you won't know what to say or is it something else? - by AZBroker
No, I still believe in the project, I believe it would be beneficial to anyone we signed up. No, I'm not scared of meeting new people either. I think there is a fear of what to say, will I remember, what they hate it or me. I really dont know where it is coming from. I guess I was hoping this is normal for someone new and some techniques to conquer it. - by ryden111
No, I still believe in the project, I believe it would be beneficial to anyone we signed up. No, I'm not scared of meeting new people either. I think there is a fear of what to say, will I remember, what they hate it or me. I really dont know where it is coming from. I guess I was hoping this is normal for someone new and some techniques to conquer it.
That doesn't sound out of the ordinary. You've described what I view as "Call Reluctance". If you search the forum for "call reluctance" you should be able to find a few thread on this topic.

I have my own technique, it's called "I Don't Give a Damn". I'm serious. Attach no meaning to the outcome and call reluctance vanishes into thin air. - by Agent Smith
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.