Home > Management > Getting on time payments

Getting on time payments

I own a small online business and one of my troubles in which I encounter is late payments from my customers, I have many that are over 30 days over due. Has anybody got any advice in which i can use to both get the money that is already due, and also prevent this occuring in the future? - by Salemaster
I own a small online business and one of my troubles in which I encounter is late payments from my customers, I have many that are over 30 days over due. Has anybody got any advice in which i can use to both get the money that is already due, and also prevent this occuring in the future?
Almost every site that I've ever bought anything from required payment upfront. Is that a viable option for you? - by Houston
Upfront payments are feasible, however this has deterred several potential clients in the past when experimented with. Are there no other methods in which I could implicate? - by Salemaster
Upfront payments are feasible, however this has deterred several potential clients in the past when experimented with. Are there no other methods in which I could implicate?
Have you given any thought about requiring some type of deposit? I don't know what type of business you are in but asking for payment in advance or at the very least some form of deposit isn't unreasonable. - by BossMan
What do you sell?

Would a money back guarantee be possible? - by Derek
Would you mind to tell what products are you selling? Late payment is possible to happen in business. For me overdue of a month is enough. Two to three months is too much. - by shinningstar
If you can get a credit card as a forum of guarantee then that would be excellent. If the people are late or not paying their bills then you could charge their credit card. - by jimberan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.