Home > Sales Promotion > Promotions and Coupons

Promotions and Coupons

Hi,
do you believe in frequent promotional sales to advertise your product?

I believe that you don't have to exceed with promos, otherwise customers will tend to wait the next one before purchasing your product, and this can negatively affect the overall sales. What's your experience about this? - by falcon185
I believe in the law of diminishing returns. A surprise every once in a while is great. Consistent promotions condition the prospects in all the wrong ways. ;) - by SalesGuy
Hi,
do you believe in frequent promotional sales to advertise your product?

I believe that you don't have to exceed with promos, otherwise customers will tend to wait the next one before purchasing your product, and this can negatively affect the overall sales. What's your experience about this?
It depends quite a bit on the vehicle you use for advertising. Radio, for instance, will deliver better results for advertising in an institutional mode than print, i,e newspaper. If you are committed to print, then you need to be committed to promos on a regular basis. Otherwise you will waste your money. If you are committed to radio, I think the money can be well spent with mostly institututional advertising and little or no promos.

Obviously it depends also on the product, seasons, etc. - by Gary Boye
If you are committed to print, then you need to be committed to promos on a regular basis. Otherwise you will waste your money.
Why would this be wasting your money? :cu - by Seth
Why would this be wasting your money? :cu
Because in print advertising, "Price and Item" gets direct results. "Institutional" advertising is less effective in print for that purpose. A combination of both (in print), such as alternating, is inconsistent and would not serve to position you.

So to answer your question, if a form of advertising doesn't get good results in the form of direct response or positioning in the marketplace, it is wasting one's money. - by Gary Boye
Because in print advertising, "Price and Item" gets direct results. "Institutional" advertising is less effective in print for that purpose. A combination of both (in print), such as alternating, is inconsistent and would not serve to position you.

So to answer your question, if a form of advertising doesn't get good results in the form of direct response or positioning in the marketplace, it is wasting one's money.
I didn't know that but it makes sense. ;co - by Seth
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.