Home > Presentation > Sales Presentation Books

Sales Presentation Books

Does anyone have any opinions on the pros and cons of using a presentation book on appointments? - by Liberty
Does anyone have any opinions on the pros and cons of using a presentation book on appointments?
IMO, presentation books can be a great "Visual Aids". I don't see them as anything else. ;) - by SalesCoach
The problem with presentation books as I see it is that too many sales agents want to use them as a crutch.

IMO, presentation books don't "Sell" and are best used as "Supporting Evidence". - by Gilbert
[quote=Gilbert]IMO, presentation books don't "Sell" ...QUOTE]What do you mean? - by Calvin
IMO, presentation books don't "Sell" ...
What do you mean?
I've noticed that a lot of sales agents tend to "Show and Tell" with presentation books versus actively engaging the prospect in a sales dialogue. I think this is what Gilbert meant as a "Crutch". - by MagicMan
A picture is worth 1,000 words! I am all for visual aids to assist prospects visualize concepts.

As for presentation book, if I salesman is thumbing through a book and reading it to the prospect as he goes, he has not done his homework. A presentation book, when used properly, keeps the presentation moving logically to the close. I would be lost without it. Eveytime I deviate and start shooting from the hip, I unintentionally skip all over the place as my natural chaotic nature (combined with my enthusiasm) kicks into high gear. There is no substitute for an organized presentation that leads methodically to the close. Also it helps you stay in control of the presentation because the prospect can see it is moving logically through the material and are less likely to pull you off in every direction (although I welcome questions at any point because that means a genuine interest has been sparked). - by RainMaker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.