Home > Direct Marketing > Email Marketing

Email Marketing

Does anyone here use email marketing? - by Calvin
Are you talking about Non-Solicited email or SPAM? - by SalesCoach
I do some highly targeted (permission based) monthly campaigns and the results are fantastic! - by Crazy_Rob
I do some highly targeted (permission based) monthly campaigns and the results are fantastic!
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of conversion ratio are you getting? - by Sensei
I do some highly targeted (permission based) monthly campaigns and the results are fantastic!
How do you get those highly targeted (permission based) email addresses? That sounds intriguing. - by RainMaker
How do you get those highly targeted (permission based) email addresses? That sounds intriguing.
I would imagine he's talking about an "Opt-in" email program. For instance, a "newsletter" or such. - by SpeedRacer
I email all of my previous customers (~5,000) and people who are on our potential mailing list and have asked to receive emails (~6,000).

I usually get a 10-12% click-thru rate. And the conversion rate is somewhere around 3-4%. It may be higher since many people call us to place their orders- especially for high-priced items ($2,000+).

We serve three different types of customers and each type gets a separate email. - by Crazy_Rob
I email all of my previous customers (~5,000) and people who are on our potential mailing list and have asked to receive emails (~6,000).
How do you handle the delivery? Do you use an outside company? Can you recommend any particular software [in-house] or vendor [outsource]? - by Calvin
Calvin,

There are a lot of vendors - I've heard about these three: ConstantContact.com, Intellicontact.net, and VerticalResponse.com

I've also heard of some people using ACT or Outlook, but I'm not sure how that works. I am more comfortable using an outside service. Then, if anything weird happens, its on their server. ;)

Kathleen - by KSA-Mktg
I dont think email marketing does really work , i dont even those newsletter even though i had subscribed them , i just dont see them - by mtajim
If people sign up to your newsletters and are actually interested in the type of products or services that you are offering then it should work. - by jimberan
I have just started using constant contact. I think it is great for the price. (I have a little over 1000 that go out).

If you are a person that uses strategy, you will enjoy it. It gives you the inside tract of your customer. - by Ed Callais
I use e-mail marketing, and I use Constant Contact. They have great templates and statistic reports. In order to collect e-mail addresses, I have a sign up box on my website for e-newsletters that I send out monthly. However, I need some guidance on marketing strategies, because I am not pleased with the effectiveness (ROI) thus far.

Rita - by Rita_Jo
I agree with gissele. We use email marketing for a lot of our current customers to keep them up to date and it creates a lot of sales for us. With emails if you don't make it look like spam and include information that interests the reader and applies to them, they will read it and you can have great results. - by bg1229
Email marketing DOES work.

Permission based (opt in) emails are best handled by an outside source. There are many good ones and I use a company called aweber. They are pretty much the industry standard these days.

Easy to set up, they give great deliverability (very important), you can run fully automated campaigns, quickly build opt-in forms and many other features.

I have an opt-in list of over 100,000 email addresses and cannot recommend them highly enough. - by helisell
Email marketing is becoming a popular tool for many small and home based businesses around the world.Email marketing allows businesses to reduce or even eliminate expenses for things like paper, ink/toner, envelopes, postage, etc., and these savings make it a very attractive method of promotion.

Email marketing is one of the most powerful online marketing tools. Email marketing utilizes email as a means of communicating messages to people. If properly used it serves as a great tool to enhance relationships with your customers and potential customers, and no business can deny the power of strong customer relationships.
- by dvdv882
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.