Home > Presentation > Which kind of presentation do you prefer, fancy or plain?

Which kind of presentation do you prefer, fancy or plain?

Our presentation can make people to interest and pay more attention if they are fancy and include many features. However, I think that sometime the plain presentation can also work well too. They might not be fancy but straight up to the point. Hmmm. It is because I am not that high tech. What about you guys? - by khunvi
What is a "fancy" presentation? - by Agent Smith
I prefer the term "professional" which is how I always try to provide presentations and any other material. - by klorpet
I suppose fancy presentation comprises the exaggerated, including the visually unnecessary. Such as? Well, something that is beyond professional, like klorpet put it. Using Powerpoint, Flash, or video presentations may be considered professional. I would go for any of these in making a business proposition clear to a group of clients. - by clarise
If a video presentation gets the message across better than verbal presentation then I would use it. I prefer "functional" over "fancy". - by AZBroker
Our presentation can make people to interest and pay more attention if they are fancy and include many features. However, I think that sometime the plain presentation can also work well too. They might not be fancy but straight up to the point. Hmmm. It is because I am not that high tech. What about you guys?
The problem I always had with 'canned' presentations is you are talking in very broad terms. Selling is about specifics...problems, solutions, etc. If I had a request for a presentation, I would narrow it down to the least number of slides possible. I would go to the meeting with both. I would ask the group if they would like the long version or short--most chose short. Most people want a short, high-content presentation. It also gives you a much better opportunity for a Q and A session. That's the info you need from the group, as it will tell you what that group is interested in. - by susana
The problem I always had with 'canned' presentations is you are talking in very broad terms. Selling is about specifics...problems, solutions, etc. If I had a request for a presentation, I would narrow it down to the least number of slides possible. I would go to the meeting with both. I would ask the group if they would like the long version or short--most chose short. Most people want a short, high-content presentation. It also gives you a much better opportunity for a Q and A session. That's the info you need from the group, as it will tell you what that group is interested in.
Excellent points Susan. ;co - by Agent Smith
I always go for the plain, but serious approach, with a touch of humor. Really, though, it depends on the person as to how I will handle the transaction. - by crassus
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.