Home > Presentation > Developing a sense of urgency

Developing a sense of urgency

I showed a guy and his wife a mobile home a couple of days ago. At first they weren't sure that this was the home for them but at the end of the showing the said they liked it but wanted to talk with their lender before they wrote a contract. I suggest to them that if they wanted the home that we should write a contract immediately and make it subject to financing but they still went home without writing a contract.

The next day they called and scheduled an appointment to come in and write the contract but when I called the agent again for availability he said that they had just accepted a contract.

I don't think they felt a sense of urgency to write the contract that night and I don't know if this is my fault or what I could have said to develop a sense of urgency. So how do you do it? How do you develop a sense of urgency? - by Thomas
I would suggest Desire and/or Consequences.

When the buyers desire is high enough it is not likely that they are going to wait especially if they are preapproved and have money burning a hole in their pocket.

Help the customer evaluate the upside gain vs. the downside risk of waiting. Also, when the PAIN of the downside risk (Consequences) is high enough it is not likey that they are going to wait. - by Agent Smith
I would suggest Desire and/or Consequences.
Pain and/or Pleasure